Silicone sealants for sale online at special prices
Are you looking for silicone sealants
? On Windowo you can find every type of silicone sealant
for sale online. Discover the different types.
Types of silicone sealants: similarities and differences
, also called more simply silicones, are divided into two sub-categories: neutral cross-linking and acetic cross-linking sealants.
The characteristics that all silicone sealants have in common are:
- Silicone sealants cannot be painted over;
- They have a great resistance to aging, UV rays, atmospheric agents, acid and basic chemical agents (especially acetic silicones);
- They have high mechanical characteristics: maximum working elongation 25%;
- They work at temperatures on average from -50 ° C to + 150 ° C (+ 200 ° C for some types);
- Working conditions: adhere to a perfectly dry, degreased and dust-free material.
But silicone sealants are also different from each other in the properties that we are going to see now.
- Neutral silicones have excellent adhesion on porous surfaces. When the material has expired it remains pasty but once extruded it no longer crosslinks and remains constantly sticky.
- Acetic silicones are products that have excellent adhesion on non-porous substrates such as glass, ceramic, porcelain and enamelled surfaces even without primer.
Silicone primer to facilitate adhesion on materials
Another type of silicone is Primer Silicone
, a transparent paint based on silicone resins to be applied on the sides of the joint in the case of porous and absorbent supports or in the case of highly stressed joints or under water.
Before applying the Silicone Primer, wait for the solvent to evaporate (i.e. when the surface is no longer sticky to the touch).