Polyurethane sealants: online sale prices
Are you looking for polyurethane sealants
? Polyurethane sealants represent one of the most advanced solutions available today in the field of building sealing.
Discover the best types of polyurethane silicone for sale online in the Windowo shop.
Polyurethane sealant: what is it? Where should it be used?
Polyurethane sealants are very versatile sealants for construction
. They consist of a single product and harden thanks to the normal humidity of the air. Thanks to the characteristics of the polyurethane, they are able to adhere to many types of different substrates.
In fact, they can be used on different surfaces
such as wood, metal, plastic, masonry, aluminum, stucco and many others. They are waterproof and flexible in all weather conditions, which is why they are ideal for sealing the various cracks and joints found in external structures
They offer high performance in virtually any application. Polyurethane sealants are designed to ensure both water and air resistant seals and are also very flexible.
Characteristic polyurethane sealants
Talking about polyurethane resin-based sealants
as the best in construction technology for sealing means carefully evaluating their technical characteristics:
- high mechanical properties;
- excellent resistance to biological and chemical agents;
- impermeability to water;
- absence of solvents;
- fast installation;
- ease of overcoating with other products;
- bonding capacity for very different materials.
How is a polyurethane sealant applied?
Applying a polyurethane sealant is simple. Here's what you need to know and how to proceed.
To apply a polyurethane sealant you will need to have the following tools:
- A silicone gun;
- A utility knife;
- One cartridge of polyurethane sealant;
- A compatible smoothing agent.
Now you can start the operation:
- Cut the tip of the nozzle according to the desired width;
- Pierce the cartridge and insert it into the silicone gun;
- Prepare the cartridge and put out a test layer on a disposable surface, to check if the size is correct;
- Apply the polyurethane sealant following the manufacturer's instructions;
- Apply the smoothing agent always following the manufacturer's instructions.
We remind you that to achieve the perfect seal, surfaces must be free from dust, dirt, grease, rust and paint.
For best results with concrete surfaces, clean them with a wire brush. Joints deeper than 1.25 cm may require a support bead, while other surfaces may need to use a primer, so check the directions for use carefully.